Just a couple of hours ago I wrote this status on my facebook:
So it’s not some news that we live in a chauvinistic patriarchal piece of shit society that celebrates/encourages elitism, sexism & racism everyday. It’s not news that I will be judged even for this status though it’s true.
I was just subjected to sexual harassment though I’ve been doing my best and spending a lot of my money on private transports to avoid it. I don’t want to complain or whine much. I know that there are much stronger women than me who go through much bigger fights in their lives to survive. I’m only angry… because I believe in myself and in my strength. I’m raised to get my own shit done and not to depend on anybody, and the fact that I’m perceived weak and an easy target only because I’m a woman keeps frustrating me.
Despite this negativity surrounding us everywhere, I’ll try to write a blog post and count the things I’m blessed to have.. may be this would help turn down the level of anger I’m at currently.
So here we go.. I’ll try to list 10 things I’m grateful for.
- I am grateful for the ability to seek advice when needed, and to try trusting my heart always.
- I am grateful for finding many paths to seek knowledge and know more about myself and the huge world we live in.
- I am grateful for trying to see beauty in every small thing in life… a good song on my long commute on the Ring Road can make me see the ugly buildings less ugly, and the green land greener..
- I am grateful for the life-lessons I’m being constantly given. I’m grateful for standing up after falling every time.
- I’m grateful for my mum’s existence. We might be different in every aspect, but I can’t live without her unlimited love.
- I am grateful for having the ability to fight for hope, for love and for the lost dreams.
- I’m grateful for being healthy, for being able to survive the current cruel economic situation.
- I’m grateful for these people in my life, who help fix me when I get broken.
- I’m grateful for music; for always a good song can help one pass any tough day or celebrate any good one.
- I’m grateful for my stubbornness… to help me be the leader of my own destiny.
Have you ever been in this phase?
When you feel there is a constant soundtrack in the background of your everyday life. And you’re constantly thinking what song/track would fit the background of this very moment.
Well, I have been feeling that for this past year, and it’s AWESOME! Life is a lot of fun with constant music amplifying our senses and igniting our empathy.
Here are few of the songs that are constantly stuck in my mind. They represent my 25th year on this earth, the year of existentialism and a constant “What’s going on?” astonishment.
1- 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up (1992)
An extra: The cover song from Sense8, an epic show I’m obsessed about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiqmrpiC1zQ
2- Alanis Morissette – Ironic (1995)
3- Tania Saleh – Lazim لازم
4- Florence & The Machine – Dog Days Are Over (2010)
5- Lemonada – Abali عبالي
6- Aida El Ayoubi – Warda fi Geneina وردة في جنينة
7- Billy Joel – She’s Always A Woman (1977)
8- Amy Winehouse – Love Is A Losing Game
9- Paloma Faith – Only Love Can Hurt Like This (2014)
10- Massar Igbari – Kanet Hatefre2 كانت هتفرق – (2015)
11- Twenty One Pilots – Not Today (2015)
12- Sia – Alive (2015)
13- The Fray – You Found Me
14- Sia – Bird Set Free (2015)
15- Imagine Dragons – Believer (2016)
16- The Clash – Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
17- AVICII – Feeling Good (2015)
18- Birdtalker – Heavy (2016)
19- Young the Giant – Cough Syrup (2011)
20- Emma Stone – Audition/The Fools Who Dream (La La Land) (2016)